Every day in the evening, I have chores to do around the house and one of them is to feed our cattle. Man the food we feed the cattle stink horribly, the first time you smell it, but after you get use to it, it smells great. As I think about these cows, it’s like candy to a kid, that’s how good it is to them. It’s quite an exercise to feed the animals because I have to shovel their food into a wheel barrel and pour it into big buckets to share them. Now stroll that wheel barrel about 20 times, that gets tiring. The scariest part of this is when the cattle are not scared of you and go all crazy eating the food. They try to knock the wheel barrel over while you push it or the cows start fighting beside you and they start running into you. The tamed cattle that have horns are the horrible ones because they’re not scared of you and they try to hook you. After I finish feeding the cattle, the quiet moment I got is when I just sit there and think about things and watch the cows eat. In my head I think, “Dang, they sure got some anger issues.” As they run bucket to buckets, they always have to hit each other with their heads. Then most likely they go at it all hard fighting causing a bunch of dust to rise. “Don’t you ever think how these cows survive?” There always out in the open eating, then somehow they survive in the night without freezing. Hardest part to figure out is how strong they are to have big calves with no help. In general animals are just fascinating creatures, they leave their moms at a young age while it takes humans about 18 years and most of them can provide for their own. Just looking at them, it must be lucky to be them when you can eat and drink water, that’s all you need. Instead of having stress or troubles and working for your goods. That’s what caught my interest in this weekend’s hard work.
No comments:
Post a Comment