This weekend had some good days with it especially the weather not being so bad for Saturday and Sunday. For Saturday was my first time of the year attending a rodeo and actually did not go my way. That Saturday morning I felt so confident in myself, ready to go to the rodeo and try my best to win it. When we got there it was just another rodeo to me but it took forever( the whole day) waiting for my event. I was spending the whole time riding horses around, laughing and being calm acting like I had this event in the bag. Finally close to the end of the day my event was up and I went out there and BOOM! “Out of all things it happen to me on this day,” I thought in my head.
Man it hurt so bad in the heart, all I thought was, “ I wish I could do it all over again.” I had just missed my steer and now I was feeling all bummed out. I was angry with myself as I left the arena plus I was thinking on what mistake I did that caused that to happen. Then later on I calmed down and knew that I had one more try to win it or either place in it. I kept my confidence up but after the second try I failed to handle the steer for my partner so another attempt was my fault once again. At the end of the day I was tired of the sun and mad at myself for all the mistakes I did that cost me a chance to place in the roping. For the beginning of the year I felt so great roping, that I placed in all the ones that I attended but today’s roping just brought me way down.
Sunday came around, now it was time to go to church early in the morning and usually that makes me feel better. While I was sitting there listening to the preacher, it finally hit me. God did this to me for a reason and I thought of it as reality check. A time comes for people to lose at points and God gave me that opportunity. I felt that before I got to big headed that God gave me a reminder always to stay humble. After awhile I understood and thanked God that he gave me this check before I went overboard so it was alright with me to lose once in awhile.
No comments:
Post a Comment